Fostering with us gives you access to all of the services and support that our local authorities offer:
- Regular placements meaning payments and allowances that you can rely on.
- Your own, dedicated supporting social worker to support and guide you. Plus a social worker to support the young person.
- An experienced and knowledgeable team who will work closely with you and each other to look after our children in care.
- Training delivered locally by your local authority, so no need to travel.
- Additional training from us focusing specifically on supporting young refugees.
- Extra support you may need, such as translation services and information on the asylum process.
- Signposting to experts such as the refugee council, and additional support from voluntary groups in your area.
- A review with an independent officer every 6 months, to check in on you and the young person you are supporting.
- Access to your local authority’s virtual school
We understand that foster carers need and deserve access to the best support, training and resources in order to provide our young refugees with the best possible care.